What to Expect Before, During and After LASIK – Part One
Before LASIK Prior to a LASIK procedure in Rapid City, you will need a thorough consultation and complete eye examination by Dr. Wright to determine if you are a good candidate for the surgery. During your pre-surgery examination, Dr. Wright will:
- Dilate your pupils to fine-tune your prescription
- Examine your eyes to make sure they’re healthy, including testing for glaucoma, performing a retinal exam and assessing for dry eye
- Measure the curvature of your cornea and your pupils
- Examine the topography of your eyes to make sure you don’t have an irregular astigmatism or a cone-shaped cornea – a condition called keratoconus
- Determine the thickness of your cornea. You need to have enough tissue left after your corneas have been cut and reshaped.
- Discuss the risks, benefits, options and possible complications of LASIK surgery.