LASIK Consultation and Exam
A LASIK consultation and exam at Wright Vision Center includes several steps to determine if you are a suitable candidate for LASIK surgery. This appointment will last approximately 2-3 hours during which time you will have your vision, eyes and overall health thoroughly evaluated. You might wonder why the LASIK consultation and evaluation is so long. During the visit in Rapid City, Dr. Wright is creating a thorough assessment including highly detailed measurements of your entire eye and its capabilities. This information determines three very important things:
- The overall health of your eyes.
- If LASIK is recommended (or not recommended) for your eyes, your vision and your lifestyle.
- If LASIK is recommended, and you decide to move forward, the data from your consult will drive the vision correction treatment.
- All Prescription glasses
- DON’T wear your soft contacts for 4 days prior to the exam
- DON’T wear your Toric soft contact lenses for 2 weeks prior to your exam
- DON’T wear hard or gas-permeable lenses for 4 weeks prior to the exam
- List of all medications and supplements
- List of medical and general allergies
- Records from your previous eye doctors (old prescriptions)
- Insurance information
- Your full health history. There are medical conditions, such as diabetes, that may make LASIK and other laser vision correction options not an appropriate choice. Also certain medications, such as corticosteroids, can affect the healing process.
- The outcome you can expect given your specific vision and circumstances. Dr. Wright will answer all your questions and help you understand the risks and benefits of LASIK.