How Long Does It Take for the Eye to Heal After Cataract Surgery? – Part Two
- You can bath or shower but avoid getting water in or near your eye.
- Typically, you will have a follow-up visit with Dr. Wright the day after surgery. Have someone drive you to your follow-up visit. Avoid driving until the doctor has verified that it is safe for you to do so.
- Wear dark, ultraviolet (UV) protective sunglasses when outdoors.
- Your eye may still feel a little gritty and/or sensitive to touch for a few days after surgery.
- It is not unusual to experience glare and halos around lights during the first few weeks after surgery.
- Continue to use your eye drop medications according to the schedule Dr. Wright gave you. He may recommend frequent use of artificial tears if your eyes are dry. Keeping your eye moist will help it heal faster.
- You should be able to drive, return to work and resume your normal activities within a week.