Preparing for LASIK Surgery
LASIK surgery requires considerable preparation. Prior to LASIK in Rapid City, you’ll need a complete eye examination by your refractive surgeon including the following tests and evaluation:
- Dr. Wright will dilate your pupils to fine-tune your prescription.
- Examination of your eyes to make sure they’re healthy, including testing for glaucoma, performing a retinal exam and assessing for dry eye.
- Measurement of the curvature of your cornea and your pupils.
- Evaluation of the topography of your eyes to make sure you don’t have an irregular astigmatism or a cone-shaped cornea — a condition called keratoconus.
- Measurement of the thickness of your cornea. You need to have enough tissue left after your corneas have been reshaped.
- You will be asked to sign an informed consent form after a thorough discussion of the risks, benefits, options and possible complications of LASIK surgery. Review the form carefully and don’t sign until you understand it completely.